Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

I Love Science!

Science and exploration is one of my favorite parts of the preschool curriculum.   It is easy to create science activities and the students tend to gravitate towards the area.  Here is something that I just made to put in the science center.  I love how is can be used in different ways by different leveled students.  In the beginning of the year they will have fun playing with the rocks.  They might compare sizes, colors and shapes.  By the end of the year they might be able to line up the rocks in alphabetical order.

I choose 26 flat rocks that were different shapes and sizes.  I bleached the rocks and let them dry for a few weeks.  Then I bought a variety of paint markers from Walmart and wrote the letters on the rocks and outlined with black.

No comments:

Post a Comment